12:09 PMHow to send a mail using unix/linux terminal?
To send a mail from linux terminal to any one, you need to follow below steps:
1. Create a directory Mail in "/home/username/Mail"
2. Enter the command "mutt". you will get a GUI in your linux terminal
3.Press "m". The the terminal will prompt you to enter "To" field.
Enter the recipient address, press Enter
4. The the terminal will prompt you to enter "Subject" field.
Enter the subject, press Enter
5. Now it will go the vi editor. Press "i" to go into insert mode.
Here, type the body of mail.
press escape to exit insert mode
press ":wq" to save and exit
6.Now you should see this screen
7. To put some one in CC, press "c" here and you will see this screen
8. Enter the CC field and press Enter.
9. At any time you need help, press "?" , you will get a full possible list of options
10.To attach a file press "a" then press a "?" to get the directory list to select a file.
11.By default you will be in your ~/Mail directory. To choose a file from there, press up/down and press Enter to select a file
12. To change the directory, press "c". Enter the directory you want.
13.To select a file from that directory, press up/down and press Enter.
Attachment is done and you will see this sceen
14.Now press "y" to send the mail. The mail is sent.
15. Press "q" to exit the mutt window. Done
You may also like to see:
|Some useful examples of netstat command in Linux for network statistics|
|Some great usage and example of find command in Linux|
|md5sum: calculate and check md5 message digest of a file in Linux|
|SETFACL command in Linux to set file access control list|
|SED command for filtering and transforming texts of a file using regular expression|
|Total comments: 0|